Handbags & Vacation. Which to pack, which to use as carry on, which to bring at all?!?
I follow a lot of blogs, Facebook pages, and forums that talk about handbags, specifically high end handbags and this has been a huge debate.
On one hand: you have finally saved up enough money to buy the bag of your dreams! Congratulations! Of course you want to bring it everywhere with you! Of course you want to bring it on your trip where you can strut your stuff with pride holding that new trophy that you worked so hard for! – I get it!
On the other hand: you have finally saved up enough money to buy the bag of your dreams! (Again congratulations, really. This is a big time in your life!) of course you wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to it. Get sand in the perfect lining, chlorine filled pool water on the untreated vachetta leather, or even worse get it stolen because you left it on the lounger when you took a dip in the ocean!
I have one thing to say about the matter: YOLO! Enjoy your handbag!!!! Bring it on the trip! Strut your stuff! You worked hard! You deserve to! I don’t know about you but I don’t enjoy mine as much when it’s sitting at home not being used.
With that being said, don’t be dumb about it. Here are a few do’s and don’ts I follow:
- Do: use your bag as your personal item in-flight with your carry-on. This way you won’t hurt the structure of your purse by packing it in your checked luggage.
- Don’t: overpack it because you want more things available to you in flight.
- Do: Bring unscented Baby wipes – these are great for cleaning bags and won’t hurt the leather.
- Don’t: bring your bag out on an excursion off the resort
- Do: Keep your bag in your safe in the room when leaving resort or not using it.
- Don’t: put it on the floor around the pool where it could get damaged.
- Do: keep it on a towel on your lounger or table
These are just a few silly things. Most of it common sense I would imagine, but never the less you have my approval – take your bag! Enjoy it!
Curls & Cabernet